Monday, September 8, 2014

The Inspiration

Everyone needs an inspiration behind what they do, and this man was my inspiration behind my blog. His name is Mr. Blankenship and as I was walking out of the OKC Bombing Memorial I stopped to say hello, ask him how he was, and asked if he needed a water or a sandwich. As I asked him he first hesitated and thought I wasn't talking to him. Once he realized I was his face instantly lit up and he told me how happy he was I had taken the time to talk to him, because no one does.

As our conversation progressed he started sharing stories about himself and I learned that he had graduated from college with a bachelors degree, and had served 5 tours oversea. His life started going downhill after his divorce with his wife. He also told me that he loved poetry.  He then shared a touching poem about his life and all the struggles he has gone through. It brought tears to my eyes hearing some of the things he told me. He told me now he is just worthless and has nothing else to live for. I told him that was far from true and that there is a reason for everything in life we just have to find out what that is. 

After spending just 20 minutes with Mr. Blankenship it opened my eyes to the lives of the homeless and made me realize that there is always
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

No comments:

Post a Comment