Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Fair Occasion


This is Ervin Waters. I had met him a few weeks back when I was downtown shooting pictures for one of my photography classes. For some reason these last couple weeks I couldn't get the curiosity out of my head wondering who he was and what he was all about. When we made eye contact at the fair, I instantly recognized him and I knew there was a story waiting to be told. 

Ervin graduated from Langston College just a few years back with an Organization Management degree. When I asked him what he does for a living he told me he is a writer. He lives in Oklahoma City, but hopes one day to move to Seattle to pursue a career with his writing. He is currently a writer for "The Curbside Chronicles." For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a magazine about homeless people telling their stories, and they sell them to help them make a little bit of money.

This was a true inspiration to me that he wants to pursue his writing so badly that he will do whatever it takes and take advantage of the opportunities he is given. I am so thankful that I was able to run into Ervin at the fair and get a chance to thank him for letting me take his pictures and to check up on how he is doing. 

The fact that he recognized me and thanked me for what I did for him makes me realize that this blog is more than just writing for you all to read. Its about the lives I get a chance to impact on the way, as well as they impact my life. I love that I get to share this wonderful journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment